Demtool is growing and looking for talented, hard working individuals to grow with us.
Wages and Benefits
- Very competitive wages.
- Everyone has a thirty-minute paid lunch. That equals 2.5 hours extra pay every week.
- Company paid health, dental, and life insurance benefits plus a health spending account equal to 1.5% of your wage.
- Optional overtime often available.
- Your family time is important, so we are closed on weekends.
Working at Demtool
- Family owned and operated since 2004, growing steadily every year.
- Two locations: Petersburg, less than 5 minutes west of Kitchener-Waterloo and New Dundee.
- Our facilities are clean and well equipped with high tech modern machinery and tools.
- Subsidized work wear clothing.
- Safety shoe/boot allowance and a casual dress code.
- Company paid team building events including a yearly golf tournament, barbecue, and Christmas lunch.
- We like to have family fun too! Our family events include a summer barbecue, children's Christmas party, and an adult Christmas party.
- Pizza day lunches (throughout the year).
- We care about the environment. Use of EV charger for all employees.
What You Will Be Doing
• Program/Operate CNC Milling machines
• Programming is done with Mastercam 2022
• Interpret customer supplied blueprints to produce machined components
• Inspect and deburr various machined components
• Follow production procedures to produce quality parts under the direction of an experienced machinist supervisor/manager
• Verify critical dimensions of product produced and document as required
• Insert, change, and offset tools in CNC Machines
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
Your Skills and Abilities
• Minimum 5 years experience operating Multi-axis CNC Milling Machines
• Knowledge of Fanuc controls is an asset
• Mastercam 2022 experience is an asset
• Ability to insert, change and offset tools
• Ability to use and read measuring tools including calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and bore gauges
• Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment
• Reliable transportation (limited public transportation)
• Good attitude and willing to learn and share ideas.
• Wage will be based on experience.
Production Operator / General Labourer
2 open positions
This is your opportunity to join a custom manufacturing company where you can work and learn from our team. Please see our website www.demtool.com to see some of the interesting products we make.
We have two locations. 5 minutes west of Kitchener in Petersburg and 10 minutes west in New Dundee. This position is for our powder coating operation in New Dundee.
You will be working with an experienced, knowledgeable, hard-working team using modern machines and tools. Our shops are bright, clean, and safety is important to us.
Demtool people work hard but we like to have fun together too! We have several company functions throughout the year to show our staff appreciation for all their hard work. We would like to hear from you!
This is a full-time permanent position Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm with a paid half hour lunch.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Apply consistent and precise amount of powder paint to steel & aluminum products using a manual spray gun processes
- Loading and unloading of supplies/parts on a moving conveyor and/or carts and racks
- Preparing parts to be powder coated including sanding, wiping, plugging and masking prior to painting
- Sand and rework parts to acceptable quality when there is any rework
- Verify from work instruction and drawings for proper powder coatings instructions and complete documentation and quality checks as required
- Inspect customer materials prior to and during coating to ensure proper coating and quality of product
- Participate in the colour change process including cleaning powder coating equipment, hoses & booth as well as general maintenance of equipment
- Assembling and packaging various metal parts
- General shop labour duties and cross training in other areas as required
Your skills and abilities that make you stand out:
- Prior powder coating experience
- Must be able to produce a high-quality finished product
- Reliable with good attendance record
- Attention to detail and inspection skills
- Forklift, Overhead Crane experience an asset but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Reliable transportation (no public transportation)
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50lbs